Apply for a loan for travel assistance

Through our partnership with Refuaid we are able to offer loans to some families for the cost of travel to the UK.

You do not need to be working to receive a loan. 

The loan is interest free, you will not pay any costs or charges. These are paid by Together Now.

You will only repay the amount of the loan. Repayments will be small amounts and can start up to three months after you receive the money.

If you want to find out more about loans you can contact us at

We can only help families who:

  • Have fewer than three people travelling. Families where there are three or more people or unaccompanied minors travelling should contact the Red Cross first: Link to Red Cross website.
  • Have received their UK Entry Clearance visas for Refugee Family Reunion.
  • Have all the necessary exit permissions and are ready to travel.

Read about Fawad’s experience with a loan

Making an application

Please contact us before making an application.

To apply for a loan we will need the following information:

To confirm your eligibility:

  • Sponsor’s BRP (front and back)
  • Sponsor’s proof of income
  • Passport(s) for family member(s) travelling
  • Entry visa(s) for family member(s) travelling
  • Exit visa(s) for family member(s) travelling or confirmation none are required
  • Confirmation of where the arriving family members will live.

Information for the loan:

  • Preferred departure airport and any possible alternatives
  • Preferred arrival airport and any possible alternatives
  • Sponsor’s UK phone number (this should work in Whatsapp if possible)
  • Sponsor’s email address
  • Sponsor’s current address
  • Details of your income and expenditure (we will go through this with you)
  • Details of any debts or loans
  • A reference from someone who knows you. This is someone Refuaid can contact to confirm your details.

Documents for loan application:

  • Bank statements from the last three months
  • Proof of income (latest Universal Credit payment or payslip)
  • Proof of address (Full or Learners driving licence, tenancy agreement, utility bills, council tax letter or DWP award letter)

Information to help us support you:

  • Details of any agency available to support with housing, benefits and other arrangements after family member(s) arrive
  • Details of any children or dependent family member(s) not included in the travel assistance request
  • Any disabilities or medical conditions for any family member(s) that will affect their ability to travel
  • Any other concerns about the travel, eg issues with airport authorities, family not having legal status in the departure country etc